Nephplex Rx Generic Name: Vitamin B Complex/Vitamin C/Biotin/Folic Acid/Zinc
(VYE-ta-min B/VYE-ta-min C/BYE-oh-tin/FOE-lik AS-id/zink)Brand Name:
Examples include Ivites Rx and Nephplex Rx
Nephplex Rx is used for:
Treating or preventing a lack of certain vitamins, folic acid, or zinc. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Nephplex Rx is a vitamin and folic acid combination. It works by providing vitamins and folic acid to the body to help meet nutritional requirements.
Do NOT use Nephplex Rx if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Nephplex Rx
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Nephplex Rx :
Some medical conditions may interact with Nephplex Rx . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances (including soy)
- if you have anemia (eg, pernicious anemia)
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Nephplex Rx . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Fluorouracil because the risk of its side effects may be increased by Nephplex Rx
- Hydantoins (eg, phenytoin) because their effectiveness may be decreased by Nephplex Rx
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Nephplex Rx may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Nephplex Rx :
Use Nephplex Rx as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Nephplex Rx by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- If you are also taking eltrombopag, a quinolone antibiotic (eg, levofloxacin), or a tetracycline antibiotic (eg, doxycycline), ask your doctor how you should take it with Nephplex Rx .
- If you miss a dose of Nephplex Rx , take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Nephplex Rx .
Important safety information:
- Do not take large doses of vitamins (megadoses or megavitamin therapy) unless directed by your doctor.
- Nephplex Rx contains pyridoxine (vitamin B6) and folic acid. Before you start any medicine, check the label to see if it has pyridoxine or folic acid in it too. If it does or if you are not sure, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- This product may contain tartrazine dye (FD & C Yellow No. 5). This may cause an allergic reaction in some patients. The risk may be higher if you are allergic to aspirin. If you have ever had an allergic reaction to tartrazine, ask your pharmacist if your product has tartrazine in it.
- Nephplex Rx may interfere with certain lab tests. Be sure your doctor and lab personnel know you are taking Nephplex Rx .
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you plan on becoming pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Nephplex Rx while you are pregnant. It is not known if Nephplex Rx is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Nephplex Rx , check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Nephplex Rx :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. No COMMON side effects have been reported with Nephplex Rx . Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); decreased coordination; decreased sensation of touch, temperature, or vibration; numbness or tingling of the skin.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include confusion; decreased coordination; mental or mood changes; numbness or tingling of the hands or feet.Proper storage of Nephplex Rx :
Store Nephplex Rx at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Nephplex Rx out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Nephplex Rx , please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Nephplex Rx is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Nephplex Rx . If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- multivitamin Concise Consumer Information (Cerner Multum)
- Theragran Detailed Consumer Information (PDR)