Gordochom Generic Name: Undecylenic Acid/Chloroxylenol
(un-deh-sil-EN-ik AS-id/klor-oh-ZYE-le-nole)Brand Name:
Gordochom is used for:
Treating athlete's foot and ringworm. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Gordochom is an antifungal. It works by preventing fungal growth.
Do NOT use Gordochom if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Gordochom
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Gordochom :
Some medical conditions may interact with Gordochom . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have diabetes or blood vessel problems in your arms or legs
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Gordochom . Because little, if any, of Gordochom is absorbed into the blood, the risk of interacting with another medicine is low.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Gordochom may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Gordochom :
Use Gordochom as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Gordochom is for external use only. Do not get Gordochom in your eyes, ears, nose, or mouth. If you get Gordochom in your eyes, rinse immediately with cool tap water.
- Wash your hands immediately before and after using Gordochom .
- Wash and completely dry the affected area.
- Apply a thin layer of medicine to the affected area. For athlete's foot, pay special attention to the spaces between the toes.
- Do not cover with a bandage or dressing unless directed otherwise by your doctor.
- If you miss a dose of Gordochom , use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Gordochom .
Important safety information:
- If your symptoms do not improve within 4 weeks or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Do not use Gordochom on blistered or oozing skin or over deep puncture wounds.
- For athlete's foot, it may be helpful to wear well-fitting, well-ventilated shoes and to change shoes and socks at least once daily.
- Do not use Gordochom on the scalp or the nails. It is not effective on these areas.
- It is important to use Gordochom for the full course of treatment. Failure to do so may decrease the effectiveness of Gordochom and may increase the risk that the fungus will no longer be sensitive to Gordochom and will not be able to be treated by this or certain other antifungals in the future.
- Overuse of topical products may worsen your condition.
- Gordochom may be harmful if swallowed. If you or someone you know may have taken Gordochom by mouth, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately.
- Supervise CHILDREN younger than 12 years of age who are using Gordochom .
- Gordochom is not recommended for use in CHILDREN younger than 2 years of age without first checking with your doctor. Safety and effectiveness in this age group have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Gordochom during pregnancy. It is unknown if Gordochom is excreted in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Gordochom , check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Gordochom :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Mild stinging.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); blistering, burning, itching, peeling, swelling, or reddening of your skin not present when you began using Gordochom .
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. Gordochom may be harmful if swallowed.Proper storage of Gordochom :
Store Gordochom at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Gordochom out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Gordochom , please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Gordochom is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Gordochom . If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.