Juxta-: Prefix meaning near, nearby, or close.
- Juxtaarticular -- composed of juxta, near + articular, from the Latin "articulus", a joint = near a joint. A juxtaarticular fracture is a break near a joint.
- The juxtaglomerular apparatus -- a collective term referring to the cells near a structure called the glomerulus in the kidney. The juxtaglomerular cells are specialized cells that stimulate secretion of the adrenal hormone aldosterone and play a major role in renal autoregulation.
- Juxtaposition -- the act of placing two or more things side by side or the state of being so placed. To lose a pair of juxtaposed teeth is to lose teeth next to one another. (Apposition is synonymous with juxtaposition).
- Juxtapyloric -- means near the pylorus (the muscular area at the junction of the stomach and the first part of the small intestine, the duodenum). To speak of a juxtapyloric ulcer is to be precise about the location of the ulcer near the pylorus.
- Juxtaspinal -- near the spinal column.
- Juxtavescicular -- near the bladder.
Juxta- lends anatomical precision to the location of a structure. Prefixes like "juxta-" play an essential role as building blocks in the construction of many medical terms.
For More Information «Juxta-»
On July 11-12, 2011, a group of Juxta users and collaborators met at the offices of Performant Software Solutions LLC in downtown Charlottesville, Virginia.
Juxta Media is a service-oriented media organisation which aims to support the widest possible distribution of BahÃƒÂ¡Ã¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÂ-inspired publications, music and other media.
Juxta-: Prefix meaning near, nearby, or close. Examples include: Juxtaarticular-- composed of juxta, near + articular, from the Latin "articulus", a joint = near a joint.
Definition of JUXTA-: situated near < juxta glomerular>
Juxta Digital is a professional interactive agency in New York City defining strategy and providing development for web, wireless, broadband, social networks, Web 2.0 ...