CureChrome SolutionGeneric Name: Benzalkonium Chloride
CureChrome Solution is used for:
Treating minor cuts, scrapes, and burns.
CureChrome Solution is a topical antiseptic. It works by preventing infection.
Do NOT use CureChrome Solution if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in CureChrome Solution
- you have a deep puncture wound, animal bite, or serious burn
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using CureChrome Solution:
Some medical conditions may interact with CureChrome Solution. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with CureChrome Solution. However, no specific interactions are known at this time.
Ask your health care provider if CureChrome Solution may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use CureChrome Solution:
Use CureChrome Solution as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- CureChrome Solution is for external use only. Do not use in or near the eyes or apply to large parts of the body.
- Wash your hands before and after using CureChrome Solution, unless your hands are part of the treated area.
- Clean the affected area before applying CureChrome Solution.
- Apply a small amount of CureChrome Solution to the affected area up to 3 times daily, or as directed by your doctor.
- Do not apply CureChrome Solution to blistered skin.
- You may use a sterile bandage to cover the treated area. Allow the treated area to dry first.
- If you miss a dose of CureChrome Solution, use it as soon as you remember. Continue to use it as directed by your doctor or on the package label.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use CureChrome Solution.
Important safety information:
- CureChrome Solution is for external use only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth. If you get it in your eyes, rinse right away with cool tap water.
- If you use topical products too often, your condition may become worse.
- Do NOT use more than the recommended dose or use for longer than 1 week without checking with your doctor.
- Check with your doctor before using CureChrome Solution in CHILDREN younger than 2 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using CureChrome Solution while you are pregnant. It is not known if CureChrome Solution is found in breast milk after topical use. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use CureChrome Solution, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of CureChrome Solution:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Minor irritation at the application site.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); infection; severe or persistent irritation, redness, pain, or swelling.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of CureChrome Solution:
Store CureChrome Solution at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Do not freeze. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep CureChrome Solution out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about CureChrome Solution, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- CureChrome Solution is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about CureChrome Solution. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.