Testosterone Enanthate Generic Name: Testosterone Enanthate
Testosterone Enanthate is used for:
Treating symptoms of low testosterone in men when the body does not make any testosterone or not enough testosterone (hypogonadism). It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor. It is also used to treat certain types of breast cancer in women.
Testosterone Enanthate is a male sex hormone. It works by replacing or supplementing the testosterone that is naturally made in the body. It also counteracts the effects of estrogen in certain types of breast cancer, which helps to decrease cancer growth.
Do NOT use Testosterone Enanthate if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Testosterone Enanthate
- you are pregnant, may become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- you have breast cancer and are male; known or suspected prostate cancer; or serious heart, liver, or kidney problems
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Testosterone Enanthate :
Some medical conditions may interact with Testosterone Enanthate . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances (especially sesame oil)
- if you have heart disease, heart failure, coronary artery disease, angina (chest pain), high cholesterol levels, swelling (edema), lung disease, or sleep apnea (long pauses in breathing while you sleep)
- if you have diabetes, an enlarged prostate, kidney or liver disease, high blood calcium levels, or obesity
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Testosterone Enanthate . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Carbamazepine, corticosteroids (eg, prednisone), macrolide immunosuppressants (eg, tacrolimus), or oxyphenbutazone because their actions and the risk of their side effects may be increased by Testosterone Enanthate
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), insulin, or oral hypoglycemics (eg, glyburide) because their side effects, including risk of bleeding, may be increased by Testosterone Enanthate
- Propranolol because its effectiveness may be decreased by Testosterone Enanthate
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Testosterone Enanthate may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Testosterone Enanthate :
Use Testosterone Enanthate as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Testosterone Enanthate is usually given as an injection at your doctor's office, hospital, or clinic. If you will be using Testosterone Enanthate at home, a health care provider will teach you how to use it. Be sure you understand how to use Testosterone Enanthate . Follow the procedures you are taught when you use a dose. Contact your health care provider if you have any questions.
- Do not use Testosterone Enanthate if it contains particles, is cloudy or discolored, or if the vial is cracked or damaged.
- Keep this product, as well as syringes and needles, out of the reach of children and pets. Do not reuse needles, syringes, or other materials. Ask your health care provider how to dispose of these materials after use. Follow all local rules for disposal.
- If you miss a dose of Testosterone Enanthate , take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Testosterone Enanthate .
Important safety information:
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Testosterone Enanthate before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Diabetes patients - Testosterone Enanthate may affect your blood sugar. Check blood sugar levels closely. Ask your doctor before you change the dose of your diabetes medicine.
- Testosterone Enanthate may interfere with certain lab tests. Be sure your doctor and lab personnel know you are using Testosterone Enanthate .
- Lab tests, including liver function, blood cell counts, blood cholesterol, prostatic specific antigen, bone growth, and blood testosterone, may be performed while you use Testosterone Enanthate . These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Use Testosterone Enanthate with caution in the ELDERLY; they may be more sensitive to its effects, especially an enlarged prostate or prostate cancer.
- Testosterone Enanthate should not be used in CHILDREN younger than 12 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: Do not use Testosterone Enanthate if you are pregnant. Avoid becoming pregnant while you are taking it. If you think you may be pregnant, contact your doctor right away. It is not known if Testosterone Enanthate is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while using Testosterone Enanthate .
Possible side effects of Testosterone Enanthate :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Acne; bitter or strange taste in mouth; change in sex drive; fatigue; gum or mouth irritation; gum pain; gum tenderness or swelling; hair loss; headache.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); breast growth or pain; change in the size or shape of the testicles; changes in menstrual periods; coughing fit; dark urine or light-colored bowel movements; depression or mood changes; dizziness; facial hair growth; gingivitis; interrupted breathing while sleeping; loss of appetite; nausea; painful or prolonged erection; shortness of breath; stomach pain; swelling of the ankles or legs; urination problems; voice changes or hoarseness; weight gain; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include confusion; one-sided weakness; vision problems.Proper storage of Testosterone Enanthate :
Store Testosterone Enanthate at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Testosterone Enanthate out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Testosterone Enanthate , please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Testosterone Enanthate is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Testosterone Enanthate . If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Testosterone Enanthate Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Testosterone Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Testosterone Professional Patient Advice (Wolters Kluwer)
- AndroGel Detailed Consumer Information (PDR)
- AndroGel Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Androderm Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Androderm Detailed Consumer Information (PDR)
- Androderm Advanced Consumer (Micromedex) - Includes Dosage Information
- Androgel Consumer Overview
- Androgel Advanced Consumer (Micromedex) - Includes Dosage Information
- Delatestryl Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Depo-Testosterone Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Striant Advanced Consumer (Micromedex) - Includes Dosage Information
- Striant Detailed Consumer Information (PDR)
- Striant Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Striant Consumer Overview
- Testim Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Testosterone Cypionate Prescribing Information (FDA)