Terazol 3 SuppositoriesGeneric Name: Terconazole
Terazol 3 Suppositories are used for:
Treating vaginal yeast infections in women.
Terazol 3 Suppositories are an antifungal agent. It works by weakening the fungal cell membrane and killing sensitive fungi that cause yeast infections.
Do NOT use Terazol 3 Suppositories if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Terazol 3 Suppositories
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Terazol 3 Suppositories:
Some medical conditions may interact with Terazol 3 Suppositories. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a history of liver disease
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Terazol 3 Suppositories. However, no specific interactions with Terazol 3 Suppositories are known at this time
Ask your health care provider if Terazol 3 Suppositories may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Terazol 3 Suppositories:
Use Terazol 3 Suppositories as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- An extra patient leaflet is available with Terazol 3 Suppositories. Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
- Terazol 3 Suppositories are for vaginal use only.
- Filling the applicator - Break off suppository from the plastic strip. Pull the plastic completely apart at the notched end. Place the flat end of the suppository into the open end of the applicator as shown.
- Using the applicator - Lie on your back with your knees drawn up toward your chest. Holding the applicator by the ribbed end of the barrel, gently insert it into the vagina as far as it will comfortably go. Press the plunger to release the suppository into the vagina. Remove the applicator from the vagina.
- Cleaning the applicator - After each use, you should thoroughly clean the applicator by following this procedure: Pull the plunger out of the barrel. Wash both pieces with lukewarm, soapy water, and dry them thoroughly. Put the applicator back together by gently pushing the plunger into the barrel as far as it will go.
- To insert without the applicator - Lie on your back with your knees drawn up toward your chest. Place the suppository on the tip of your finger. Insert the suppository gently.
- Terazol 3 Suppositories works best if it is used at the same time each day.
- To clear up your infection completely, use Terazol 3 Suppositories for the full course of treatment. Keep using it even if you feel better in a few days.
- If you miss a dose of Terazol 3 Suppositories, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Terazol 3 Suppositories.
Important safety information:
- You can use the medication even if you are having your menstrual period. However, you should not use tampons because they may absorb the medication. Instead, use external pads or napkins until you have finished your medication. You may also wish to wear a sanitary napkin if the vaginal medicine leaks.
- Dry the genital area thoroughly after showering, bathing, or swimming. Change out of a wet bathing suit or damp exercise clothes as soon as possible. A dry environment is less likely to encourage the growth of yeast.
- Terazol 3 Suppositories may decrease the effectiveness of condoms and diaphragms.
- If your infection clears up and occurs again in a few weeks, see your doctor.
- Be sure to use Terazol 3 Suppositories for the full course of treatment. If you do not, the medicine may not clear up your infection completely. The fungus could also become less sensitive to this or other medicines. This could make the infection harder to treat in the future.
- Use Terazol 3 Suppositories with caution in the ELDERLY; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Terazol 3 Suppositories should not be used in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Terazol 3 Suppositories while you are pregnant. It is not known if Terazol 3 Suppositories are found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking Terazol 3 Suppositories.
Possible side effects of Terazol 3 Suppositories:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Body pain; burning or itching of the vagina; headache.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); chills; flu-like symptoms (headache; tiredness; muscle aches; fever); vaginal sensitivity or irritation.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Terazol 3 Suppositories:
Store Terazol 3 Suppositories at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Terazol 3 Suppositories out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Terazol 3 Suppositories, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Terazol 3 Suppositories are to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Terazol 3 Suppositories. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Terazol 3 Concise Consumer Information (Cerner Multum)
- Terazol 7 Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Zazole Prescribing Information (FDA)