Synalar SolutionGeneric Name: Fluocinolone
Synalar Solution is used for:
Relieving itching and inflammation of the skin. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Synalar Solution is a topical corticosteroid. Exactly how it works is unknown.
Do NOT use Synalar Solution if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Synalar Solution
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Synalar Solution:
Some medical conditions may interact with Synalar Solution. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have measles, chickenpox, or tuberculosis
- if you have hardening or thinning of the skin or a skin infection
- if you have recently been vaccinated or you have had a positive tuberculin skin test
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Synalar Solution. Because little, if any, of Synalar Solution is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
Ask your health care provider if Synalar Solution may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Synalar Solution:
Use Synalar Solution as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Synalar Solution is for external use only.
- Apply a thin film of medicine to the affected area. Wash your hands after applying Synalar Solution, unless your hands are part of the treated area.
- Do not bandage or wrap the affected area unless directed otherwise by your doctor.
- If Synalar Solution is applied to a hairy site, the hair should be parted to allow the medicine direct contact with the skin.
- If you miss a dose of Synalar Solution, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Synalar Solution.
Important safety information:
- Avoid contact with eyes. In case of contact, wash eyes immediately with water.
- If Synalar Solution was prescribed to treat the diaper area of a child, avoid using tight-fitting diapers or plastic pants.
- Synalar Solution has a corticosteroid in it. Before you start any new medicine, check the label to see if it has a corticosteroid in it too. If it does or if you are not sure, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do NOT use more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Do not use Synalar Solution for any conditions other than the one for which it was prescribed.
- Talk with your doctor before you receive any vaccine while you are using Synalar Solution.
- Corticosteroids may affect growth rate in CHILDREN and teenagers in some cases. They may need regular growth checks while they use Synalar Solution.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Synalar Solution while you are pregnant. It is not known if Synalar Solution is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Synalar Solution, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Synalar Solution:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Dryness; itching.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); acne-like rash; excessive hair growth; inflamed hair follicles; inflammation around the mouth; irritation, burning, redness, or swelling not present before using Synalar Solution; thinning, softening, or discoloration of the skin.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include increased thirst or urination; muscle weakness; unusual weight gain, especially in the face.Proper storage of Synalar Solution:
Store Synalar Solution at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not freeze. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Synalar Solution out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Synalar Solution, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Synalar Solution is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Synalar Solution. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Synalar Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Synalar Consumer Overview