Sarna Sensitive LotionGeneric Name: Pramoxine
Examples include Prax and Sarna Sensitive
Sarna Sensitive Lotion is used for:
Temporarily relieving pain and itching caused by minor skin irritations, minor cuts and burns, dry skin, sunburn, insect bites, scrapes, and rashes. Some brands of Sarna Sensitive Lotion may also be used as a cleanser for the anal or genital area. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Sarna Sensitive Lotion is a topical anesthetic. It works by blocking pain signals from the nerve endings in the skin, which helps relieve discomfort.
Do NOT use Sarna Sensitive Lotion if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Sarna Sensitive Lotion
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if this applies to you.
Before using Sarna Sensitive Lotion:
Some medical conditions may interact with Sarna Sensitive Lotion. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Sarna Sensitive Lotion. Because little, if any, of Sarna Sensitive Lotion is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
Ask your health care provider if Sarna Sensitive Lotion may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Sarna Sensitive Lotion:
Use Sarna Sensitive Lotion as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Wash the affected area with soap and water, and gently pat dry.
- Shake well before each use.
- Apply Sarna Sensitive Lotion to the affected area as directed by your doctor or on the package labeling.
- If you are using Sarna Sensitive Lotion to cleanse the anal or genital area, spread the medicine on a cotton ball or tissue and wipe the affected area.
- Wash your hands immediately after using Sarna Sensitive Lotion, unless your hands are part of the treated area.
- If you miss a dose of Sarna Sensitive Lotion, use it as soon as you remember. Continue to use it as directed by your doctor or on the package label.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Sarna Sensitive Lotion.
Important safety information:
- Sarna Sensitive Lotion is for external use only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth. If you get it in any of these areas, rinse right away with cool water.
- Do NOT use more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- If your symptoms do not get better within 7 days, if they become worse, or if they clear up and then come back, check with your doctor.
- Talk with your doctor before you use any other medicines on the treated area.
- Do not apply Sarna Sensitive Lotion over large areas of your body without first checking with your doctor.
- Sarna Sensitive Lotion may cause harm if it is swallowed. If you may have taken it by mouth, contact your poison control center or emergency room right away.
- Do not use Sarna Sensitive Lotion in CHILDREN younger than 2 years old without first checking with the child's doctor; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Sarna Sensitive Lotion while you are pregnant. It is not know if Sarna Sensitive Lotion is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Sarna Sensitive Lotion, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Sarna Sensitive Lotion:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor side effects. No COMMON side effects have been reported with Sarna Sensitive Lotion. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); new or worsening irritation, pain, redness, or swelling.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088) or at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. Sarna Sensitive Lotion may be harmful if swallowed.Proper storage of Sarna Sensitive Lotion:
Store in an upright position at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat and light. Keep Sarna Sensitive Lotion out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Sarna Sensitive Lotion, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Sarna Sensitive Lotion is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Sarna Sensitive Lotion. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Blistex Pro Relief topical Concise Consumer Information (Cerner Multum)