Salicylic Acid Cleansing BarGeneric Name:
Salicylic Acid (SAL-i-SIL-ik AS-id)Brand Name:
Generic only. No brands available.
Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar is used for:
Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar is a medicated soap. It works by cleaning the skin and reducing the formation of new acne.
Do NOT use Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar:
Some medical conditions may interact with Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have had a severe allergic reaction (eg, severe rash, hives, difficulty breathing, dizziness) to aspirin or a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) (eg, ibuprofen, naproxen, celecoxib)
- if you have a skin infection or skin irritation at the application site
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar. Because little, if any, of Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
Ask your health care provider if Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar:
Use Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Wet face. Work Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar into a lather and massage onto the skin, avoiding the eyes. Rinse well.
- Wash hands after using this product, unless your hands are part of the treated area.
- If you miss a dose of Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar, use it as soon as you remember. Continue to use it as directed by your doctor or on the package label.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar.
Important safety information:
- Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar is for external use only. Avoid getting Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar in your eyes, nose, or mouth, or on the genitals. If contact with your eyes occurs, flush with water for 15 minutes.
- Overuse of topical products may worsen your condition. Do not use Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar longer or more often than recommended by your doctor or on the package label.
- Check with your doctor before use if you have a condition that covers a large area of the body.
- Be sure to apply Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar only to the affected area and not to normal healthy skin.
- Do not use Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar on skin that is irritated, infected, or reddened.
- Do not use any other medicines or drying products on your skin unless your doctor instructs you otherwise.
- Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar contains a salicylate, which has been linked to Reye syndrome. Do not use Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar on children or teenagers during or after chickenpox, flu, or other viral infections without checking with your doctor or pharmacist.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: It is not known if Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar can cause harm to the fetus. If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar while you are pregnant. It is not known if Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Dry, peeling, red, or scaling skin.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); severe irritation.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar:
Store Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not freeze. Keep Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.