Red Clover Leaf Extract Generic Name:
Red Clover Leaf Extract (Not applicable.)Brand Name:
Generics only. No brands available.
Red Clover Leaf Extract is used for:
Its ability to relieve coughing, relieve spasms, and to make coughs productive. It also helps with symptoms of menopause, including hot flashes and trouble sleeping. It may have other uses as well. Check with your pharmacist for more details regarding the particular brand you use.
Red Clover Leaf Extract is an herbal product. It works by increasing urine and mucus production and improving circulation.
Do NOT use Red Clover Leaf Extract if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Red Clover Leaf Extract
- you are pregnant or breast-feeding
- you have a history of breast cancer
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Red Clover Leaf Extract :
Some medical conditions may interact with Red Clover Leaf Extract . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are planning to become pregnant
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a history of hormone-related cancer (uterine, cervical, or ovarian cancer), stroke, a blood clotting condition, migraine headaches, or seizures
- if you have a history of heart, liver, or kidney conditions
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Red Clover Leaf Extract .
- Hormones (eg, estrogen, progesterone) because actions and side effects may be increased by Red Clover Leaf Extract
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Red Clover Leaf Extract may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Red Clover Leaf Extract :
Use Red Clover Leaf Extract as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Dosing depends on the use and the source of the product.
- Use as directed on the package, unless instructed otherwise by your doctor.
- If you miss taking a dose of Red Clover Leaf Extract for 1 or more days, there is no cause for concern. If your doctor recommended that you take it, try to remember your dose every day.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Red Clover Leaf Extract .
Important safety information:
- If you think you may have a serious medical problem, consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- Red Clover Leaf Extract may decrease the effectiveness of your birth control pill. To prevent pregnancy, be sure to use an additional form of birth control while using Red Clover Leaf Extract .
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, contact your doctor or pharmacist as soon as possible.
- Liquid preparations of red clover may contain sugar or alcohol. If you have diabetes, a liver condition, or history of alcohol dependence, check with your doctor or pharmacist about the safe use of this product.
- This product has not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as safe and effective for any medical condition. The long-term safety of herbal products is not known. Before using any alternative medicine, talk with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Red Clover Leaf Extract is not recommended for use in INFANTS or CHILDREN.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: Do not use this product if you are pregnant. If you become pregnant or think you may be pregnant, inform your doctor immediately. Do not breast-feed while taking this product.
Possible side effects of Red Clover Leaf Extract :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Nausea; upset stomach.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); chest pain; leg pain; pain; severe headache; thickening or lump in the breast; vision change; weakness on either side of the body.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Red Clover Leaf Extract :
Store at room temperature away from heat, moisture, and light unless otherwise directed on the package label. Do not store in the bathroom. Most herbal products are not in childproof containers. Keep Red Clover Leaf Extract out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Red Clover Leaf Extract , please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Red Clover Leaf Extract is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Red Clover Leaf Extract . If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.