OraMagic Plus SuspensionGeneric Name: Benzocaine
OraMagic Plus Suspension is used for:
Temporarily relieving pain from mouth and gum irritations (eg, caused by mouth sores and ulcers, canker sores, injuries).
OraMagic Plus Suspension in a local anesthetic. It works by numbing sensitive and painful areas.
Do NOT use OraMagic Plus Suspension if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in OraMagic Plus Suspension or to other local anesthetics (eg, butacaine, procaine)
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using OraMagic Plus Suspension:
Some medical conditions may interact with OraMagic Plus Suspension. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with OraMagic Plus Suspension. Because little, if any, of OraMagic Plus Suspension is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
Ask your health care provider if OraMagic Plus Suspension may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use OraMagic Plus Suspension:
Use OraMagic Plus Suspension as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- OraMagic Plus Suspension comes as a powder. Be sure to mix OraMagic Plus Suspension before you use it.
- To mix OraMagic Plus Suspension, fill the bottle with water to the first fill line. Shake well until all the medicine is mixed. Add water to the second fill line. Shake again.
- An adult should supervise the use of OraMagic Plus Suspension if the patient is a CHILD younger than 12 years old.
- Shake well before each use.
- Use a measuring device marked for medicine dosing. Ask your pharmacist for help if you are unsure of how to measure your dose.
- To use a dose of OraMagic Plus Suspension, follow the instructions provided by your doctor or on the label. Coat the inside of the mouth by swishing OraMagic Plus Suspension slowly around the mouth.
- After the mouth is coated, spit out any remaining medicine. Do NOT swallow it.
- Do not eat or drink for at least 1 hour after using OraMagic Plus Suspension.
- Do not use OraMagic Plus Suspension within 1 hour of your previous dose, unless your doctor or dentist tells you otherwise.
- Do not use OraMagic Plus Suspension more often than 4 times daily, unless your doctor or dentist tells you otherwise.
- Write down the date that you mix OraMagic Plus Suspension. Throw away any mixed medicine that has not been used after 2 weeks.
- If you miss a dose of OraMagic Plus Suspension, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use OraMagic Plus Suspension.
Important safety information:
- Do not get OraMagic Plus Suspension in your eyes. If you get it in your eyes, rinse at once with cool water.
- Do NOT use more than the recommended dose or use for longer than 7 days without checking with your doctor or dentist.
- If your symptoms do not get better within 7 days or if they get worse, check with your doctor.
- Contact your doctor if you have persistent or worsening pain, redness, or irritation, or if you develop swelling, rash, or a fever.
- Contact your doctor if you have mouth sores that keep coming back.
- OraMagic Plus Suspension may cause harm if more than is used for pain is swallowed. If this occurs, contact your poison control center or emergency room right away.
- OraMagic Plus Suspension should not be used in CHILDREN younger than 2 years old without checking with the child's doctor or dentist; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: It is not known if OraMagic Plus Suspension can cause harm to the fetus. If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using OraMagic Plus Suspension while you are pregnant. It is not known if OraMagic Plus Suspension is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use OraMagic Plus Suspension, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of OraMagic Plus Suspension:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. No COMMON side effects have been reported with this product. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); mouth burning, irritation, redness, swelling, or tenderness.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. OraMagic Plus Suspension may cause harm if more than is used for pain is swallowed. Symptoms may include blue skin or lips; trouble breathing.Proper storage of OraMagic Plus Suspension:
Store OraMagic Plus Suspension at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). OraMagic Plus Suspension may be stored in the refrigerator to improve taste. Do not freeze. Throw away any mixed medicine that has not been used after 2 weeks. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep OraMagic Plus Suspension out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about OraMagic Plus Suspension, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- OraMagic Plus Suspension is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about OraMagic Plus Suspension. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- OraMagic Plus Concise Consumer Information (Cerner Multum)
- OraMagic Plus Advanced Consumer (Micromedex) - Includes Dosage Information
- Anacaine Advanced Consumer (Micromedex) - Includes Dosage Information
- Rid-A-Pain Topical Advanced Consumer (Micromedex) - Includes Dosage Information