Neevo DHA Generic Name: Prenatal Multivitamin without Vitamin A with Minerals, Iron, L-methylfolate, Folic Acid, and DHA
(pree-NATE-al muhl-tee-VYE-ta-min/VYE-ta-min A/MIN-er-als/EYE-urn/el-METH-il-FOE-late/FOE-lik AS-id)Brand Name:
Examples include Prenate DHA and Neevo DHA
Accidental overdose of products that contain iron is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children younger than 6 years old. Keep this and all medicines out of the reach of children. In case of accidental ingestion, call the poison control center or doctor at once.
Neevo DHA is used for:
Treating or preventing a lack of vitamins or minerals before, during, and after pregnancy and while breast-feeding. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Neevo DHA is a vitamin, mineral, iron, folic acid, and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) combination. It works by providing vitamins and minerals to the body to help meet nutritional requirements.
Do NOT use Neevo DHA if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Neevo DHA
- you have hemochromatosis (a disorder of iron metabolism) or high levels of iron in your blood
- you are taking an anticoagulant (eg, warfarin)
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Neevo DHA :
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances, including soy, fish, or fish oil
- if you have stomach or intestinal problems (eg, colitis, Crohn disease, diverticulitis), pernicious anemia or other blood problems (eg, anemia, porphyria), bleeding problems (eg, hemophilia), peptic ulcer, or kidney stones
- if you have had multiple blood transfusions
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Neevo DHA . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Oral anticoagulants (eg, warfarin) because the risk of bleeding may be increased by Neevo DHA
- Fluorouracil because the risk of its side effects may be increased by Neevo DHA
- Doxycycline, hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), levodopa, penicillamine, or thyroid hormones (eg, levothyroxine) because their effectiveness may be decreased by Neevo DHA
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Neevo DHA may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Neevo DHA :
Use Neevo DHA as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Neevo DHA by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Take Neevo DHA by mouth with a full glass of water (8 oz/240 mL).
- Do not take an antacid within 1 hour before or 2 hours after you take Neevo DHA .
- Avoid taking Neevo DHA with dairy products; they may interfere with the absorption of the iron in Neevo DHA .
- Many medicines (eg, used for infection, blood pressure, low blood platelet levels, osteoporosis, thyroid problems) should not be taken at the same time as Neevo DHA ; their effectiveness may be decreased. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if your dose of Neevo DHA should be separated from your dose of any of your other medicines.
- If you miss a dose of Neevo DHA , take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Neevo DHA .
Important safety information:
- Do not exceed the recommended dose or take Neevo DHA for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Do not take large doses of vitamins while you use Neevo DHA unless your doctor tells you to.
- Neevo DHA has pyridoxine (vitamin B6) in it. Before you start any new medicine, check the label to see if it has pyridoxine (vitamin B6 ) in it too. If it does or if you are not sure, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Some brands of Neevo DHA may contain fish oil or soy. If you have had an allergic reaction to fish, fish oil, or soy, ask your pharmacist if your brand contains fish oil or soy.
- Neevo DHA may darken the stools. This is normal and not a cause for concern.
- Neevo DHA has iron in it. Iron overdose is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children younger than 6 years old. In case of an overdose, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Neevo DHA may interfere with certain lab tests, including tests used to check for blood in the stool. Be sure your doctor and lab personnel know you are taking Neevo DHA .
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: Neevo DHA is intended for use during pregnancy and breast-feeding. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Neevo DHA , check with your doctor.
Possible side effects of Neevo DHA :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Constipation; dark or discolored stools; diarrhea; nausea; stomach upset; vomiting.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); black, tarry stools; blood or streaks of blood in the stools; stomach pain or cramping.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include black, tarry stools; chest pain; loss of balance; seizure; severe nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or stomach pain; shortness of breath; sluggishness; trouble breathing; unusual tiredness or weakness; unusually pale skin; weak pulse.Proper storage of Neevo DHA :
Store Neevo DHA at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Neevo DHA out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Neevo DHA , please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Neevo DHA is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Neevo DHA . If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Neevo DHA Concise Consumer Information (Cerner Multum)
- Advanced Natalcare Detailed Consumer Information (PDR)
- Prenate Elite tablets
- PrimaCare ONE capsules