Minidyne SolutionGeneric Name: Povidone/Iodine
Examples include Minidyne and Polydine
Minidyne Solution is used for:
Treating minor wounds and infections, as well as killing bacteria.
Minidyne Solution is an antiseptic combination. It works by killing sensitive bacteria.
Do NOT use Minidyne Solution if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Minidyne Solution
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Minidyne Solution:
Some medical conditions may interact with Minidyne Solution. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have serious burns or deep puncture wounds
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Minidyne Solution. However, no specific interactions are known at this time.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Minidyne Solution may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Minidyne Solution:
Use Minidyne Solution as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Clean the affected area. Apply a small amount of Minidyne Solution to the affected area. The area may be left uncovered, or you may cover it with a sterile bandage.
- If you miss a dose of Minidyne Solution, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Minidyne Solution.
Important safety information:
- If you have had a severe allergic reaction to Minidyne Solution or a medicine that contains iodine, contact your doctor or pharmacist immediately. A severe allergic reaction includes a severe rash, hives, difficulty breathing, or dizziness. If you have questions about whether you are allergic to Minidyne Solution or if a certain medicine contains iodine, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
- If you experience a skin rash, hives, or itching, or any other unusual reaction after using this product, discontinue use and contact your doctor as soon as possible.
- Minidyne Solution is for external use only. Do not get Minidyne Solution in your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Do not use Minidyne Solution over large areas of the body or for more than 1 week unless advised to do so by your doctor.
- Contact your doctor before using Minidyne Solution on serious burns, deep wounds, or puncture wounds.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant while taking Minidyne Solution, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Minidyne Solution during pregnancy. It is unknown if Minidyne Solution is excreted in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Minidyne Solution, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Minidyne Solution:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Skin irritation.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Minidyne Solution:
Store Minidyne Solution at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Minidyne Solution out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Minidyne Solution, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Minidyne Solution is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Minidyne Solution. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Iodex Topical Advanced Consumer (Micromedex) - Includes Dosage Information