Masanti Supreme SuspensionGeneric Name: Calcium Carbonate/Magnesium Hydroxide
(KAL-see-um KAR-boh-nate/mag-NEE-zee-um hye-DROX-ide)Brand Name:
Examples include Masanti Supreme and Mylanta Supreme
Masanti Supreme Suspension is used for:
Treating acid indigestion, heartburn, and sour stomach. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Masanti Supreme Suspension is an antacid. It works by neutralizing the acid in the stomach.
Do NOT use Masanti Supreme Suspension if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Masanti Supreme Suspension
- you have an increased calcium level in your blood
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Masanti Supreme Suspension:
Some medical conditions may interact with Masanti Supreme Suspension. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have appendicitis, a history of kidney conditions, colon or intestinal blockage, parathyroid hormone (PTH) deficiency, or sarcoidosis
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Masanti Supreme Suspension. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin) because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Masanti Supreme Suspension
- Azole antifungals (eg, ketoconazole), bisphosphonates (eg, alendronate), cation exchange resins (eg, sodium polystyrene sulfonate), cephalosporins (eg, cephalexin), mycophenolate, penicillamine, quinolone antibiotics (eg, ciprofloxacin), or tetracyclines (eg, doxycycline) because their effectiveness may be decreased by Masanti Supreme Suspension
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Masanti Supreme Suspension may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Masanti Supreme Suspension:
Use Masanti Supreme Suspension as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Masanti Supreme Suspension by mouth with or without food. Follow with a full glass (8 oz/240 mL) of water or other liquid.
- Shake well before each use.
- Use a measuring device marked for medicine dosing. Ask your pharmacist for help if you are unsure of how to measure your dose.
- Do not take Masanti Supreme Suspension before bedtime if you are using it for constipation.
- Do not take more than 18 teaspoonfuls (90 mL) in a 24-hour period, or use the maximum dose for more than 2 weeks, unless instructed otherwise by your doctor.
- If you miss a dose of Masanti Supreme Suspension, take it as soon as you remember. Continue to take it as directed by your doctor or on the package label.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Masanti Supreme Suspension.
Important safety information:
- Do NOT take more than the recommended dose or use the maximum dose for more than 2 weeks without checking with your doctor.
- If your symptoms do not get better within 2 weeks or if they get worse, check with your doctor.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: It is not known if Masanti Supreme Suspension can cause harm to the fetus. If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Masanti Supreme Suspension while you are pregnant. It is not known if Masanti Supreme Suspension is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Masanti Supreme Suspension, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Masanti Supreme Suspension:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Constipation; diarrhea; stomach upset.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); loss of appetite; muscle weakness; nausea; slow reflexes; vomiting.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include diarrhea; stomach cramps.Proper storage of Masanti Supreme Suspension:
Store Masanti Supreme Suspension at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Masanti Supreme Suspension out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Masanti Supreme Suspension, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Masanti Supreme Suspension is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Masanti Supreme Suspension. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.