Homeopathic Analgesic OintmentGeneric Name:
Homeopathic Analgesic (hoh-mee-o-PATH-ik AN-al-JE-zik)Brand Name:
Homeopathic Analgesic Ointment is used for:
Temporary relief of minor muscle and joint aches and pains caused by strains, sprains, and bruising. Homeopathic Analgesic Ointment is a topical homeopathic analgesic. It works by reducing inflammation to temporarily relieve pain.
Do NOT use Homeopathic Analgesic Ointment if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Homeopathic Analgesic Ointment
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Homeopathic Analgesic Ointment:
Some medical conditions may interact with Homeopathic Analgesic Ointment. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a burn or open wound at the affected area or if your skin is damaged, broken, or irritated in any way
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Homeopathic Analgesic Ointment. Because little, if any, of Homeopathic Analgesic Ointment is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine without approval from your doctor or health care provider.
How to use Homeopathic Analgesic Ointment:
Use Homeopathic Analgesic Ointment as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Apply generously to the affected area. Gently massage the medicine into the skin until it disappears.
- Wash your hands immediately after using Homeopathic Analgesic Ointment.
- Do not apply to burns, open wounds, or damaged, broken, or irritated skin.
- A bandage or wrap may be applied over Homeopathic Analgesic Ointment.
- If you miss a dose of Homeopathic Analgesic Ointment, use it as soon as you remember. Continue to use it as directed by your doctor or on the package label.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Homeopathic Analgesic Ointment.
Important safety information:
- Homeopathic Analgesic Ointment is for external use only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth. If you get it any of these areas, rinse right away with cool tap water.
- Do NOT use more than the recommended dose or use more often than directed without checking with your doctor.
- Do not use Homeopathic Analgesic Ointment over large areas of the body without checking with your doctor.
- If your symptoms do not get better, if they get worse, or if you develop a rash, check with your doctor.
- Homeopathic Analgesic Ointment may cause harm if it is swallowed. If you may have taken it by mouth, contact your poison control center or emergency room right away.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Homeopathic Analgesic Ointment while you are pregnant. It is not known if Homeopathic Analgesic Ointment is found in breast milk after topical use. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Homeopathic Analgesic Ointment, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Homeopathic Analgesic Ointment:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. No COMMON side effects have been reported with Homeopathic Analgesic Ointment. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Homeopathic Analgesic Ointment:
Store Homeopathic Analgesic Ointment at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Homeopathic Analgesic Ointment out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Homeopathic Analgesic Ointment, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Homeopathic Analgesic Ointment is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Homeopathic Analgesic Ointment. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.